Things to Do at Our Union Square Boutique Hotel
Attractions Just Moments Away
San Francisco attractions range from the whimsical to the luxurious, the botanical to the industrial. How will you know just what to choose during your stay? Don’t worry—we can help! Read on for our list of our top ten things to do near our Union Square hotel.
- Ride a cable car: Our boutique hotel is located just steps from the BART station on Powell St. giving you access to the famous cable cars. What’s more quintessentially San Francisco than jumping on one of these “moving landmarks?” A cable car does sightseeing double duty, allowing you to see an integral piece of San Francisco history (running since the 19th century) while bringing you to other things to do in San Francisco.
- Visit Chinatown: Though it’s only three blocks wide and eight blocks long, San Francisco’s Chinatown is among the largest in the world (outside of China). Stroll down the main avenues and take a picture at “Dragon’s Gate” for a true tourist experience, but duck into alleyways (like the locals do) for a more authentic Chinatown trip.
- Golden Gate Park: Larger than New York City’s Central Park (measuring three miles wide by a half mile wide), Golden Gate Park is the perfect place to picnic, stroll, or drive a remote-controlled boat. Take advantage of early-afternoon rays of sunshine before the afternoon fog rolls in.
- Catch a game: Arguably the finest stadium in baseball, catch a San Francisco Giants game at AT&T Park, noted for exceptional bay views. Here during the Off-Season? Don't fret, because AT&T Park is open for stadium tours.
- Alcatraz: This notorious former prison known as “The Rock” is only accessible by ferry from Pier 43. Once you’re there, grab a recorded cell-house tour and learn about the history of the prison as you explore the grounds.
- Union Square: Located just blocks from Hotel Bijou, Union Square is a place for serious shoppers, full of major department stores, exclusive designer shops, and luxury boutiques. Spend an afternoon and drop off your shopping bags before dinner!
- Go Shopping: Experience the unique character of San Francisco’s one of a kind marble stronghold of commercialism, the Westfield San Francisco Centre. Once guarded by police barricades during the peace protests before the Iraq war, this mall is home to a five-story Nordstrom.
- Eat, eat, eat: San Francisco is known as the best restaurant city in the country, so you’d be remiss to not sample a variety of the cuisines produced in our city. Choose your cuisine—Italian, Moroccan, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, seafood, the list goes on and on—and leave satisfied.
- Walk among the flowers: The San Francisco Botanical Garden at Strybing Arboretum spans 55 impressive acres and boasts over 8,000 species of flora from around the world.
- Fisherman’s Wharf: One of the city’s most popular attractions, tourists flock to the wharf (and Pier 39) for a glimpse at the sea lions, expansive water views, and fresh seafood. Grab a bite of crab or shrimp cocktail from the famous crab vendors and stroll the pier. We are one of the most unique San Francisco hotels near Fisherman's Wharf.